Rochester, New York
|phone||(585) 286-1499 (866) 958-5973 Toll Free|
Melissa has over 12 years of law practice. She has litigated labor law and general negligence cases on behalf of corporate entities; negotiated settlements; analyzed insurance coverage issues, construction contracts, and commercial leases; prepared reports for insurance carriers.
In addition her areas of concentration include civil rights, labor & employment; charities/not-for-profit corporate law; construction law, insurance defense and coverage; personal injury/premises liability, and government litigation. She is a past President of the NY Tri-State Chapter, National African American Insurance Association (NAAIA), for 2010 and 2011.
- Government Relations
- State and Federal Litigation
- Insurance Defense Litigation
- Labor & Employment Law
- Charities/Not-for-Profit Corporate Law
- New York 2004
- New Jersey 2003
- SDNY and EDNY, 2005
- Juris Doctor, City University of New York School of Law, May 2003
- Bachelor of Science in Computational Math, Brooklyn College, CUNY 2001
- International Study in Peru, on scholarship
- Studied Latin-American History and Culture, Authored, "The Race Advantage," which focused on racial and social differences in Latin America, and other scholarly papers on diversity and culture.